Come join us Jan 8th at Works Gallery downtown San Jose as the forum kicks off the New Year with stories from our talented local writers. We will expose you to a sensational collection of flash fiction!
Our gratitude goes out to all who read and/or came to hear the readings at our October forum. The audience was laughing one moment, near tears in another, and there wasn’t a spare seat in the house!
We had a few stories inspired by John Lennon, recognizing his birthday on the night of our event, October 9th. We had a new type of flash fiction, “found flash fiction”, and we had some participants come from as far as Sonoma and San Francisco.
Our program on October 9th, 2013:
- Tania Martin – “They Call it Puppy Love”
- Elizabeth Nguyen – “¡Viva Piñata!” (published in Red Wheelbarrow Student Ed. 2013)
- Leslie E. Hoffman- “Rhinestone Memories” (published in Patchwork Path: Treasure Box, 2010)
- Hallie McKnight – “Seth”
- Frances Lefkowitz “Watching Sandra be Loved by God” (originally published at TinHouse http://www.tinhouse.com/blog/13353/flash-fridays)
- Carolyn Meredith – “Only The Best Dine at George’s”
- Jan Feathers – “The Bells”
- Renée M. Schell – “Larger Than Life”
- Barbara Saxton – “Popular Fiction”
- Der-Wie Li – “Odium”
- Liz Green – “Glitter and Gum”
- Tim J. Myers – “Marriage” & “By the Bent Trunk”
- Elea Carey – “Super New Course” (a “found” flash fiction)
Thanks to all who participated in our inaugural event August 14th, 2013. The audience was warm and enthusiastic, the setting inspirational, and the readers were sensational.
Cynthia Benson – “The Work Ethic”
Yeganeh Modirzadeh – “The Garden”
Victoria M. Johnson- “A Bookish Competition”
Bob Dickerson- “Stitt PLays Bird”
Parthenia Hicks- “Jessie”
Renée M. Schell- “Additional Oxygen”
Azin Arefi- “War”
Liliana Guajardo- “Earth Angels”
Danielle Steakley- “The Wedding”
Ken Weisner- “Thanksgiving”
Anne Sconberg- “Light Beings, Good With Tools”
Lita Kurth- “Aquarium: a love story”
Tania Martin- “Lagomorph”
We are very grateful to Works Gallery for providing us a space. Also, to Anne Sconberg for helping us with the programs.